Regional Organizers will be responsible for coaching and managing a team of volunteers, interns and local stakeholders. Regional Organizers should be positive, solutions-oriented, self-starters willing to take on demanding work and capable of motivating diverse rural communities. Candidates with experience developing accountability systems and using creativity to overcome organizing challenges are preferred. Regional Organizers report to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Executing the multi-county strategy within your geographical region
● Coordinating ongoing communications (email, zoom calls, in-person meetings) with the network of NRP partner organizations, grassroots leaders and community stakeholders in designated counties
● Assisting with planning community events and focus groups
● Providing weekly updates to supervisor
● Recruiting and training volunteers for canvassing, phone banking, textbanking, and other methods of organizing
● Managing, as well as participating in, canvassing, textbanking, and phone banking activities
● Building and sustaining key relationships within the geographical region
● Participating and leading multiple meetings during the week
● 2 plus years of experience managing grassroots/issue-based campaigns, Voter Registration and/or Get Out The Vote programs, and/or experience working in organizing, issue advocacy, and/or political campaigns.
● Current or previous experience in focus counties or rural counties preferred
● Must have received the COVID-19 vaccination (unless approved medical or religious exemption) by date of hire; Proof of vaccination required.
● Experience coordinating projects with multiple partners/stakeholders, and experience working directly with community members from diverse backgrounds and ethnicities
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint), Google Suite, and various social media platforms
● A valid driver’s license and one’s own reliable transportation
● Ability to work independently and collaboratively, in-person and remotely
● Ability to work non-business hours depending upon the workload and upcoming deadlines
● Must pass a background check
Skills and Attributes
● Demonstrated superior written, communication and public speaking skills
● Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
● Great organizational skills with a consistent commitment to follow through
● Ability to effectively and clearly communicate with different types of stakeholders, from high level elected officials to grassroots activists
● Ability to work in a fast paced, metrics-driven work environment with strong time management skills
● Experience with VAN, VoteBuilder and various texting platforms
● Passion for working and living in rural communities and a positive, solutions-oriented attitude
To apply for this position, click here.