You won't be tied to a desk. You'll meet lots of people, and you'll make change happen at the grassroots level. Ideal candidates will be highly organized and accountable self-starters who thrive on person-to-person contact and bring a sense of humor and fun to their work. We’re looking for people who are passionate about having face-to-face conversations and are willing to do the work to bring people to the voting booth.
Canvassers will work approximately 15 - 20 hours a week depending on deliverables and
voter contacts needed to hit goals. Compensation is $15 an hour + daily mileage as
determined under NRP Policies. Work will be within Anson, Robeson, Scotland, and
Union Counties through the middle to the end of November 2022 after the general
election which is November 8.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Reach potential voters through knocking on doors, phone banking and/or textbanking
● Meet metric goals for voter contact
● Provide information about the voting process and answer voters’ questions
● Fill out reporting as requested
Experience, Qualifications and Skills:
● Commitment to civic engagement and desire to empower communities
● Reliable transportation with a clean driving record and car insurance
● Must be able to work weekends and some evenings
● Must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations and be able to provide proof of
● Experience using VAN/Votebuilder desirable, but not required
● Self-motivation and ability to work independently
● Strong interpersonal skills and friendly personality
● Comfortable and confident talking to people of diverse backgrounds out in the
● Experience working on issue or political campaigns a plus
If you're interested in serving the community, please contact us at email@example.com.